The Aldrin Space Institute at Florida Institute of Technology was created to advance space exploration and development toward the goal of establishing and sustaining a permanent human presence on Mars, and maintaining the scientific and technical legacy of Dr. Buzz Aldrin.
- Host workshops focused on advancing Cycling Pathways to Occupy Mars.
- Perform technical analyses in support of Cycling Pathways to Occupy Mars.
- Support the development of space-related research programs, faculty and curriculum at Florida Institute of Technology.
- Host domestic and international scholars interested in the exploration and development of the Solar System.
- Partner with domestic and international academic and research institutions.
- Publish research results at conferences as well as on peer-reviewed journals on a range of topics related to space exploration and development.
- Host public outreach events. Establish and maintain a library of technical papers, speeches, interviews, and presentations by Buzz Aldrin